Sunday, October 25, 2009

Missionaries and The First of Three Parades...

On Thursday we had the Missionaries over for dinner. We decided to serve a Turkey, Mashed Potatoes, gravy, Stuffing, Beets, rolls, a spinach salad and Apple pie with vanilla ice cream. Why would a crazy pregnant lady with Gestational diabetes do this to herself? I don't know... all I could eat was the Turkey and Spinach salad and one scoop of potatoes. Thank goodness our friends The Kennedy's minus Nate joined us, so that we didn't end up having weeks and weeks worth of leftovers. ;-) For some reason we got a chuckle out of one of the Elder's who is from Samoa wearing a stocking cap.... he just had that look like he is really enjoying the cold. He thinks all of this snow and cold is fun. I guess I can understand why...
I think we really are starting to get into the idea of living near the Halloween Capital of the World... We went to the night time parade in Anoka last night. The first parade of three. On Thursday there is another one and again the longest parade ever will be on Halloween. (but worth it) We have been here for 3 years and haven't hit this parade and now I am glad we went. It was really NEAT, the girls loved it! I think we all did.
You have to get there early to get a good spot and thanks to the Seamans, who set up chairs for us all, we got a great spot! Benjy wasn't too excited since, again, he missed the last half of the 4th quarter of his Notre Dame Game. Last week he missed it for the Fall Festival and he is calculating missing it again next week for Halloween.
Kaydree can never get her fill of babies. We shall see if this changes when her little brother is born.
The Kennedy's were so sweet they picked up pizza for everyone. Kaydree opted for her favorite (Subway) with me, maybe out of sympathy. I love pizza, I can't tell you how many times I have listed pizza as my favorite food and now I can't seem to tolerate it with my blood sugars. Guess what my celebration dinner will be when I get home after the baby is born?????
Little Norin was so cute. It was a little chilly but I was actually hot sitting there with a winter coat on.
Everyone seemed to dig out their warm costumes.
I am impressed that the Kennedy's and the Daileys made it to this Parade in their first year living near the Halloween Capital of the World!
I wish I could have gotten more pictures of some of the floats..they were so neat, but for some reason they turned out blurry or dark.
After Benjy found out that Notre Dame had won, he seemed to enjoy it more.

We were all so thankful that it turned out to be a great night..the weather was perfect and the Parade was really neat!

8 comments:

The Seaman Family said...

You got some great pics. I have to get all mine out! It was a blast!

Luann said...

It loooks like fun. Random comments
*Pizza is one of the hardest things Max has had to give up. Lucky for your it is ony for a few more weeks.
*I am with the missionary one snow being cool, TO VISIT I wonder how he will feel about the cold in Febuary?

Kathy Koch said...

It looks like alot of fun and I recognized the building behind you guys in some of the pictures from the year we got to the parade. I think the Seamans held the spot for us that year as well. That was so nice of Kaydree to suffer through Subway instead of pizza with you....

The Miller Family said...

I think I'm going to stop looking at all of your blogs until this time of year is over! I miss you all so much! And the weather, the colors, and of course, a real Halloween!

Linz said...

That was a lot of fun. I've been meaning to thank you again for Thursday's dinner. THANK YOU!

WE LOVE THE VILLARREAL'S!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
shantel said...

Looks like you guys had a great time, we'll have to catch it next year.

Clint said...

I always thought the parade was way to long, and not enough candy... especially for a "Halloween" parade.