Monday, October 19, 2009

2009 Fall Festival

We live in Ramsey, however we belong to the Anoka Ward and Anoka is...The Halloween Capital of The World! Benjy has always loved his Hill Billy Teeth and lost them a couple of years ago, so I made sure he had a pair for this Halloween. He found some of the girl's stuff that they weren't wearing and threw it together. I think he was a cross between a creepy Wendy's Girl, Pippi Longstocking and Little Red Riding Hood?
Here is the baby bump picture some of you have been requesting.
Kaydree just loves inviting some of her friends to the Fall Festival. I tell you, I don't remember being that giggly as a child? Maybe I was...but these girls sure do have a GREAT time together.
Karsyn invited her friend, Elizabeth, but she was sick and couldn't make it, so thank goodness at the last minute her friend from Kindergarten and neighbor, Jayden could come. Look at the height difference between these two girls....
I heard there were at least 20 different types of chili to choose from! I love chili and it doesn't hike up my blood sugar and they were YUMMY! I think the chili cook off is one of my favorite parts of the Fall Festival. I used some of my parent's canned Tomato juice and it was so tasty... maybe I am biased? Some of the kids passed and went for the hotdogs.
I think Kaydree had a smile on her face the entire time. She is a diva with funky hair. We might paint it with hair spray paint for Halloween. Everyone kept asking her is she was and OLD diva?
Kaydree has finally caught up to some of her friends after having a huge growth spurt this summer!
The girls loved the musical walk and won coloring books.
What a cute little couple. They were so good with the little ones and a huge help!
I am always amazed at the costumes that Jessica makes. Unbelievable!
The goofs.
The cutest little family! Two princess' and a lady bug! Nate was a skeleton, but was off chatting with the guys when this picture was taken.
The spiciest chili went to Andy, hands down....I didn't try it with pregnancy reflux, but Benjy said is was soooo good!
The start of Trunk-0r-Treating.

The dog and feet had the little ones wondering .
Kaydree's friends loved the "spooky" lights. The little ones liked the cute trunks.

Some even hid in their trunks...Don't try this at home!

I thought is was really fun to see everyone decorate so differently.

Would you let your child take candy from this guy? Benjy was so excited to hand out candy..
What a great activity for the whole family. Our girls were so excited all day long for the Fall Festival to start. Benjy even missed the last 20 minutes of his Notre Dame Game to go...Thank you to all of those who made it possible.

10 comments:

Serena said...

Looks like a great time. Although Benjy's costume was a little scary!! Did your Chili win this year? Your belly isn't very big. How are you feeling? I can't believe you only have 3 and a half weeks before your little one will be here. We miss you all!!

Hermana Whitehead said...

What a fun activity. Your children are adorable and so are you.

Benji...how much did those teeth cost?....A BUCK???

Brenda said...

Benjy was scary!!

Brenda said...

Benjy was scary!!

Nicole said...

Oh, I miss those fun activities!

Jamie said...

Definitely missing MN right now. It looks like everyone had fun. Did I read Serena's post comment right? Only 3 and a half weeks? You look so cute!

Janice Anderson said...

Benjy's look was most disturbing! So many cute kids and families having fun. Thanks for taking and posting so many pictures. I left my camera at home!

Kathy Koch said...

It really looks like a lot of fun. The chile cook off would have interested me as well. Love to try the spicy one. I am biased to I think anything made with our tomato juice is so good. I love all the effort that everyone puts into the Fall Festival and make it such a great time for the kids but most of all a safe place for them to really enjoy themselves..

Ashton & Co. said...

Benjy's costume is so great! I am not even in the mode of Halloween yet...no costumes are even ready! AAAHHH~!! That's nice to have your party and trunk or treat already over with...you look SO cute by the way! How are you feeling?

Danny and Shalayne said...

How fun!!! looks like a blast and i love the baby bump pic...you look fantastic and adorable!