Sunday, November 7, 2010

Hippies in 2010 Gray Ghost 5K

I really want to make running my "thing." It hasn't been easy transitioning from a sprinter to a longer distance runner, but I am enjoying it. They encourage costumes so we decided to run as hippies. I am a little more motivated now that Kaydree is one of my running partners.It's always more fun to run with friends!
Lakin (Karsyn's soccer coach) and Kaydree beat me by 2 minutes! Come on.. they are half and a third of my age! Melissa ran along side of me, but I think she could have kept up with the young whipper snappers.
Benjy said that she sprinted to the finish line. He told me, "I was such a proud daddy!"
It was a lot of fun and we are looking forward to our next run! Anyone want to join us?
At the last minute, the guys decided to run! (about 10 feet.)
They even sprinted to the finish line.
And the winners are...............our cheerleaders!

8 comments:

Laurel Criddle said...

Lololo!!!! That is hilarious of the guys but seriously that is amazing and awesome of you girlies! So proud of you. That takes commitment! So well done! You've always been so fit!

The Seaman Family said...

Loving the boys in their earings! Very nice. You guys looked great there will be more of us next year forsure!

The "Serene" Life said...

Looks like a Blast to me!!!! Way to go Girls! (and guys) :)

Danny and Shalayne said...

that is amazing!!!! i so wish i could have been there in person!

Kathy Koch said...

So proud of all three of you

I am glad Benjy was in shape to go that last 10 feet...

Linz said...

I am loving pic #2! I am so proud of ALL of you. Kaydree is so inspiring to me for kids. I'm getting Violet into soccer and running for sure!

Audrey said...

nice! Way to rock it boys!

shantel said...

Good Job!! I wish I good run for more than a couple minutes at a time...oh well so much for wishing!