Friday, August 14, 2009

It Has Been confirmed...

we are having a boy. We were told at a 13 week ultrasound but I wanted to wait for another ultrasound to confirm it, before we really started preparing. I am now 24 weeks and this one was done at 21 weeks. This is a shot from the bottom and his legs were curled up towards his chest, so it would be as if he were sitting on the camera with his legs pulled up. Do you think he will be mad at me for posting this picture someday?
We had both of the girls with us and the ultrasound technician was so nice, she talked to the girls the whole time showing them all of the different parts and then she decided to throw in some 3D images for us. Of course I cried just seeing his little hand like that. His other hand was turned sideways and 3D couldn't pick it up in that position. It looked like he kept giving the girls a thumbs up! It was so cute. These pictures of course are somewhat....strange/weird in the sense that we aren't use to seeing our little ones in utero like this. However strange...it was precious!
Benjy thinks he looks like Smeagle off of Lord of the Rings....NICE..... But I look at it like this...he was only 21 weeks old here! Now his job is to keep putting on weight and filling out. We would love a big healthy boy! My mom got teary eyed when she saw the images...she thinks he already looked like Grandpa Cap in his nose and lips. Whatever he looks like, he is already our little guy in there and we are excited to meet him! Three different ultrasound technicians have told me and every time I go to the doctor... he says, "Boy, you have an active little one in there!" Yep...I know... I am the one he wakes up in the middle of the night, kicking and moving, and then Benjy says, "Oh....GREAT....I know we are in for it, if this boy is anything like I was!"

No comments: