Thursday, February 11, 2010

Kyce's Blessing

It turned out to be a beautiful day. It started out with Benjy backing into my Dad's car. Let's just say I wasn't in the mood to feel the spirit and I had some repenting to do as we walked into church, however the minute we started singing it felt like everything just melted away and the Holy Spirit diminished all of those anxious/negative feelings. All of the sudden I had an Eternal perspective and felt the magnitude of what was about to happen. My husband, who I love dearly, was about to give our precious little son a name and a blessing. It was so tender and I just cried through the entire blessing. AT that point I thought who cares about some minute detail of another accident? I really don't know how I would go about life without taking the time to go to church, to partake of the sacrament, to feel the spirit and to be taught about the most important things, not only in this life but in our Eternal lives to come....

3 comments:

shantel said...

It was a beautiful blessing!

Love the patty cake post.

Kathy Koch said...

What a beautiful day it turned out to be.
Sometimes it is hard to see the whole picture but as you said a dent in our car was such a small thing.
We were there for something so special and Benjy did a beautiful job.

Audrey said...

I'm really sad we werent there:(